HR 101 for Managers
Thursday, April 28, 2011, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Tiptoeing through employee issues? Are you concerned about hiring, firing, discipline, and review? You need Human Resources 101.
Practical applied employment law and effective HR practices that quickly provide tools you need in a format you can relate to. The course is organized to give you what you the do’s and don’ts of smart employee management. You will learn the steps that help keep an employer out of trouble and why best practice makes sense.
- A new managers short course on Employment Law
- The do’s and don’ts of interviews, applications, and offers
- Discrimination – what is it and what it is not
- Performance improvement, disciplinary action
- Termination: The art of parting gracefully
- Record keeping 101